Google’s Think Insights recently published statistics that reminded us that not only is it important to have a mobile website, but it is also important to have a mobile website that delivers users quickly to what is important.
First, the broad view:
- When they visited a mobile website, 74% of people say they’re more likely to return to that site in the future.
- 67% of mobile users say that when they visit a mobile website, they’re more likely to buy a site’s product or service.
- 48% said that if a site didn’t work well on their smartphones, it made them feel like the company didn’t care about their business.
Then there is the importance of a functional mobile website.
- 61% of users said that if they didn’t find what they were looking for right away on a mobile website, they’d quickly move on to another site.
- 79% of people who don’t like what they find on one site will go back and search for another site.
- 50% of people said that even if they like a business, they will use them less often if the website isn’t mobile-friendly.
Think in terms of what an online ordering customer is looking for. Menu is at the top of the list. On the mobile website pages NetWaiter makes available for client restaurants, we design them so that the prospective customer is taken directly to the menu.
When designing a mobile website, make sure a link to the menu is clearly visible on the first screen.