Recent research by the National Restaurant Association reveals stats that show just how important your restaurant’s online ordering business is to certain customer segments:
Consumers that own smartphones or tablets:
- 90% of 18 to 34-year-olds.
- 89% of 34 to 44-year-olds.
- 62% of 45 to 55-year-olds.
- 60% of 55 to 64-year-olds.
- 34% of those 65 and over.
Takeaway: Mobile devices are quickly becoming the instrument of preference when it comes to online ordering.
Consumers that report they use restaurant technology more than they did two years ago:
- 53% of 18 to 34-year olds (Millennials).
- 43% of 35 to 44-year olds.
- 26% of 55 to 64-year olds (Baby Boomers).
Takeaway: Millennials are still the sweet spot for online ordering, but the customer base is expanding in all age segments.