With the capability of internet access on most mobile phones, ordering online from a mobile device quickly became a natural fit for restaurants. Each day, we see more and more feedback from restaurants and published information that reinforces how and why restaurants benefit from mobile ordering.
Recently, we came across information from a study by the Interactive Advertising Bureau and Viggle, an interactive media platform. Take a look at their findings:
- 69% of those polled have ordered food via the mobile internet at least once, and use mobile devices for information/research even more frequently.
- 44% of those surveyed use a smartphone or tablet regularly to find a phone number.
- 39% use their smartphone or tablet to see a menu, 38% to find location, and 35% to check hours.
- 72% of respondents say they order pizza via the mobile internet, making it the dominant online-ordered cuisine.
- 78% of respondents said discounts would make them more likely to order.
Convenience is the largest benefit cited by customers ordering online. Make sure your customers know about the added convenience your mobile site brings to their smartphones.