What influences a customer when making a purchase online? Although these stats* apply to all online purchases, they are very much applicable to restaurants and restaurant online ordering.
Site Speed and Visuals:
• After waiting 3 seconds, 57% of visitors will abandon a site if it’s still loading. 80% of those people will never return.
• Visitors will leave a site within 10 to 20 seconds if it doesn’t immediately resonate with them or provide value.
This is why it’s critical your online ordering site is fully branded to your restaurant. Customers need to ‘connect’ with your brand immediately or you may lose their business. If your website links to a portal – you’re most likely losing a lot of business.
• 92.6% say visuals are the top factor influencing a purchase decision.
Showing high quality images of items on your menu can really benefit online sales.
• 67.4% of shoppers across all types of sites will abandon the checkout process. That means just over 30% of visitors complete a purchase they start.
With NetWaiter, nearly 80% of visitors complete a transaction after they select their first item. That’s a HUGE difference.
Top Reasons for Abandonment Include:
• 41% – Hidden charges at checkout.
• 10% – Lengthy checkout process.
NetWaiter’s goal is to get the customer through the ordering process in as few clicks as possible – hence our very high conversion rate.
Other Interesting Information on Abandonment:
• Men are more likely to abandon a purchase.
• 25 to 44 year-olds are the worst offenders when it comes to giving up on a purchase.
Considering the importance of this age group to online ordering. This is why it’s critical to make the online ordering experience quick and easy for customers.
*Credit to The Marketing Donut and other sources.