Research from the National Restaurant Association indicates that technology, including restaurant online ordering, is playing a larger role in how restaurants attract more customers and cater to their ever-increasing need for convenience.
A quick look at the research reveals that:
• 36% of customers say they are more likely to use technology options in restaurants than they were two years ago.
• 65% have noticed that restaurants offer more of these options.
• 8 in 10 consumers agree that restaurant technology enhances convenience. (That’s a significant amount!_
• 7 in 10 say it speeds up service and increases order accuracy.
• About one-third say that technology options compel them to choose one restaurant over another.
• About one-third also say that technology options cause them to order takeout and delivery more often.
And interestingly enough,
• 45% say that technology makes interacting with restaurants more fun.
These are huge numbers, especially considering how much of a margin-driven business the restaurant and food industry is. Every little bit makes a difference, and online ordering matters a whole lot!