The National Restaurant Association has created an infographic to show what restaurateurs can expect about the increasing importance of online ordering, websites and electronic payment.
What customers have to say:
- 61% say they have visited a restaurant website.
- 36% say they have placed an order online.
- 46% would use a restaurant’s smartphone app if available.
- 36% of customers have looked up nutrition information online.
What restaurateurs have to say:
- 48% of restaurateurs say that smartphone apps will become more popular.
- 82% of quick service restaurants say online and smartphone ordering will become more popular.
And about social media:
- 9 of 10 restaurateurs say social media will become more important marketing tools.
- Virtually all restaurateurs (95%) say they will be of Facebook in the next two years.
- 78% say they will be on Twitter.
NetWaiter provides an easy-to-read mobile website to every customer, along with a QR code that takes users to the site. NetWaiter was also the first online provider to offer those who order takeout the opportunity, when purchasing online, to automatically post their purchase to their own personal Facebook page. This also creates an automatic link for Facebook friends to go directly to that restaurant and order online, too. Call NetWaiter today at 866-638-9248. We can have you up and operating on your own mobile site in less than a week.