NetWaiter regularly provides statistics regarding a variety of restaurant related topics, such as marketing, social media, customer trends, etc. More recently, we looked at specific statistics that relate directly to the online and mobile marketplace for restaurants. The numbers are impressive and we want to share some of them with you:
Restaurant Perspectives and Stats:
• On average, operators using online ordering saw a 42.5% increase in order frequency for takeout orders, but also for delivery orders (28.5%) and catering orders (14.2%).
• Almost 98% of operators say the ROI of online ordering met or exceeded their expectations, with 52.4% saying their expectations were surpassed.
• 29.1% of operators reported an increase in order volume. 26.8% said customer satisfaction had improved.
• 52.4% of operators stated email promotions that worked in tandem with online ordering, like those available through the NetWaiter Management Console, achieved better results than their regular promotions.
Customer Perspectives and Stats:
• Convenience is most often cited as the primary benefit for customers ordering online. 59% of customers between 18 and 34 found online ordering to be faster. The same percentage also found online ordering to be easier than speaking to a live person.
• 37% of customers between 18 and 34 said they felt more comfortable placing orders online (or via mobile) because they didn’t feel rushed, like they do with restaurant employees. 42% of customers in that same age group found online ordering to be more accurate (than ordering via telephone).
• Nearly 6 in 10 consumers (57%) said they purchased takeout at least once a week in 2012, compared to 47% of consumers who said the same in 2007.
• A study of 1,000 adults showed that 43% had ordered online with a computer. Younger consumers (between 18 and 34) were even more likely to order online – with that figure climbing to 60%.