The NetWaiter Management Console captures and tracks information about your online customers. You can also use it to send out email campaigns. As you know, however, not all emails get opened. It’s all about the subject line. These tips will help your emails get opened more often.
- Exclusivity – Your customers like to be called VIPs, get invitations, and sent limited time offers. These are words that make them act.
- Don’t Shout – Capital letters on the web signify that you are SHOUTING AT PEOPLE. Also, too many words in upper case tend to get flagged by Spam filters.
- Avoid Problem Words – Stay away from the words free, help, percent off and reminder in your email title. They negatively affect open rates.
- Go Negative – As sad as it sounds, titles with negative words have higher open rates. Use words and phrases like worst, absolutely wrong, and no fewer. Sample: Don’t wait in line, order online at (your restaurant).
- People Don’t Like to Read – Don’t say in a paragraph what you can say in a bullet point. Bullets are more likely to get read.
- Keep It Short – 27% of emails are opened on mobile devices, and even short messages look long on those smaller screens. Keep the subject line to a few words.